Saturday, February 14, 2009
Score a new start to old problems
I found this list from Dennis O'Grady intriguing.
He has based it on what he calls the Hummingbird Effect, and says sometimes it's better to fly down and circle back up, rather than trying to keep going upwards. I like that idea ....
Here are NINE WAYS TO SCORE A NEW START TO OLD PROBLEMS AT WORK AND HOME:
1. BE FULL OF INTEGRITY…NOT FULL OF ‘IT’
2. BLAME THE BOONDOGGLE, NOT THE BIRD
3. DON’T WORRY ABOUT THE OTHER FEATHER DROPPING…BECAUSE IT WILL
4. ANXIETY IS BORROWING TROUBLE…SO DON’T TAKE OUT A LOAN
5. YOU CAN FIX STUPID BY DOING LESS OF WHAT ISN’T WORKING…AND DOING MORE OF WHAT IS WORKING
6. BE A SMART COMMUNICATOR: KNOW THE HARDER YOU TRY, THE BEHINDER YOU GET, SOMETIMES
7. WHEN YOU TIRE YOURSELF OUT…REST AND RE-FUEL
8. IF WHAT ISN’T WORKING STILL ISN’T WORKING…TRY DOING THE OPPOSITE FOR A CHANGE
9. DO LESS WHEN DOING MORE ISN’T WORKING OUT SO WELL FOR YOU